This guide describes how to make outbound calls as an agent on RACE. Outbound voice calls allow the agent to directly contact their customer.
- Whilst logged into the RACE platform, the agent can navigate to the top right corner of their screen where they will find the dial pad icon.
- After selecting this, a tab will appear on the right side of their screen.
- A dial pad is displayed, along with a drop-down box that gives the agent the option to change the respective country code.
- In order to make a successful call, the agent must drop the leading zero of the number that they are dialling. For example, a number located in Manchester would ordinarily be 0161 850 0000 however, after replacing the zero with +44 the number they would dial would look like this, +44161 850 0000.
- Under the dial pad, the agent will find a drop-down box, labelled ‘assign a queue’. It may be important for agents to correctly assign which queue this call will be attached to, for supervisors and administrators looking at reports.
- Once the number has been correctly dialled, the blue phone icon will change from a transparent button to an opaque blue, enabling the agent to make the call.